Friday, April 11, 2008

Championship Game

So, I have not vented my feelings through blog about the game on Monday night. There are two words that give a very good description of how I felt. Very pissed. I worked all Monday night and when we closed( I work at Bed, Bath, and Beyond) the current score would be annouced every five to ten minutes. I got out early at ten thirty and my friend I work with and I drove very fast to Chillis, and caught the tail end of overtime. Everyone in CHillis was angry and yelling at the TV screens. After the game, it was dead silent. This is when I realized that Memphis is a cursed city, because nothing historically good ever happens. What I mean is that the history books always have bad things that Memphis is known for. I mean that besides Elivis, our good food, and St. Jude everything else to think about is the crime rate. However, once I got over my very angry feelings about the final game I was still happy that our team had a great season. I think that what they achieved is something that the city and our school should be very proud of. So Go Tigers!

No comments: