Friday, April 11, 2008

This is Why We Lost to the White Man

I would have never expected this article to be about Bill Cosby. Wendy might have told us that in class, but I was late into class when she was talking about. The only way I knew to read this article was because the girl next to me had written on a sheet of paper, blog This is how We Lost to the White Man. So I hope we have to write about it, and even if we do not me really enjoyed the article. I must say that this is the most interesting article, or the one I have enjoyed most the entire semester so far. The article was written very well and grabbed my attention. For example, like describing the audience really grabbed my attention, and also he used the word euphoria. That word is one of my favorite words; and I think that the definition is beautiful and that the word has a clear sound. Anyway, also another striking sentence is that: “Cosby hired the Harvard psychiatrist Alvin Poussaint to make sure that the show never trafficked in stereotypes and that it depicted blacks in a dignified light.” I would have never thought that Bill Cosby would have worked that hard on the show not to have stereotypes on his “gig.” I really admire him for that, this article made me feel dumb because when I think of Bill Cosby I think of The Cosby Show and Kids say the Darnest Things. I never thought of him clenching his fist and saying, “Where are you men?”

No comments: