Friday, April 11, 2008

Why Women Should Rule the World

When I was reading This is Why we Lost to the White Man on AtlanticMonthly.com I saw an advertisement for a book called Why Women Should Rule the World. I was way more excited about that book than anything else I have been for a while. So, I googled a summary for it. The book is by Dee Dee Myers and the main argument in it “Women tend to be better communicators, better listeners, better at forming consensus." I am not as much as a feminist as my friends make me out to be, however I am just fed up with the shit I get from men. I worked at Radioshack for a year, nine out of ten times when a man had a technical question they would ask a male worker rather than me. Not to vain, but I knew more than most of the men I worked with there. Also, once at Radioshack I was the top sales associate in the district for two months for selling cell phones, and all the guys behind my back would say, “It is because she has boobs.” I mean we were all friends and everything, but they were still bias towards me because I was female. Over the summer I read a book call The Average American Male, and it is a memoir written by a man. The book made me dislike men even more because some guys out there are so selfish and giant heart breakers. Now I am going to BookStar to get Why Women Should Rule the World.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Let me know if that book is any good. You should consider taking Gender and Society, interesting class.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I hate when guys say things like that. I mean, I think that it is just stupid stereotypes that women do not know anything about electronics. Good job on being the top salesperson! Tell me if that book is good.. it definitely sounds like something I'd like to read.